HOUSING AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
Company Mission: To create great experiences for everyone we meet. To enrich the lives of our staff and guests. To be an integral part of making our community wonderful. To build enduring relationships. To make quality food with real ingredients.
Job Summary: The Assistant Manager is responsible for supporting the General Manager and the entire staff of Bogart's Restaurant, including the Kitchen Manager. The ideal candidate will have a blend of experience that includes FOH and kitchen oversight. This position is faced-paced and hands-on. Assisting with employee onboarding, offboarding, coaching and training is a large aspect of this job. The Assistant Manager will be expected to serve as the “manager of duty” in the absence of the General Manager. Leadership skills and experience are a MUST for this position.
Essential Job Duties: include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Communicates openly with the General Manager to ensure smooth restaurant operations, including special events
- Helps to create and maintain a customer-driven operation, empowering restaurant staff to excel in exceptional customer service
- Works with the company management team to ensure selection and evaluation of FOH staff, specifically servers, bartenders, and hosts
- Ensures customer satisfaction with efficient and friendly service and high standards
- Performs opening and closing duties
- Schedules FOH staff with the General Manager’s approval
- Assists the General Manager in meeting food and labor cost expectations
- Practices and trains to the highest cleanliness standards
- Establishes procedures for the proper training of new employees and carries out those trainings
- Praises, rewards, and motivates other employees
- Works closely with the General Manager to ensure the highest quality applicant is hired, trained, and coached
- Builds open communications between kitchen and service staff
- Attends weekly Manager Meetings and monthly Leadership Team trainings
Skills and Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Knowledgeable of restaurant management
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Kind, honest and dependable
- Self-motivated and efficient
- Excellent computer skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Supervisory Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years in the foodservice business, both FOH and BOH
- Serve Safe Certificate
- R.A.S.S. Certificate
Physical requirements: the physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, balance; stoop, talk or hear. The employee must lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: This job operates in a restaurant environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to long periods of standing.
- The nature of the hospitality business requires employees to work weekends, holidays, and late hours.