If you’ve ever hoped to work as a Kitchen Manager or Prep Cook, this position might be a great step in that direction.
Job Summary: We are seeking a reliable Dishwasher to staff various shifts. The ideal candidate would be committed to showing up on time for work, have a helpful attitude, get along well with other kitchen employees, and follow all sanitary and health-related protocols. Our business is growing, so know we are open to considering advancement opportunities for the right person.
Essential Job Duties: include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Ability to operate an industrial dishwasher safely and rapidly
- Wash various kitchen items by hand, when necessary
- Strength and stamina required to lift loads and empty/clean all trash receptacles
- Highly organized, managing placement of all kitchen items and dishes
- Commitment to all-around cleanliness, including dishwashing and dish storage areas
- Willingness to follow sanitation and safety policies at all times
- Willingness to assist prep cook and other staff as needed
- Commitment to performing daily duties e.g. opening, closing, and side work
- Basic janitorial skills to clean up spills, broken glassware, etc. immediately
Skills and Qualifications: The SPECIFIC competencies of the job to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Team player
- Honest and dependable
- Strong critical thinking and time management skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Commitment to working hard and being reliable
- Able to work in a hot, humid environment, and be on your feet for 8-hour shifts
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- No experience is required but it is welcomed (we will provide training as needed)
- Ability to safely operate industrial machinery and carry loads up to 25 lbs