WE ARE RE-MODELING AND TRAINING STAFF FOR DINNER AND COCKTAIL SERVICE IN OUR NEW "MARLI'S at THE POLLARD!" This is an exciting time for Food and Beverage at the hotel!
Company Mission: To exceed our customer’s expectations
Job Summary: The service staff at The Pollard Hotel is responsible for providing front line customer service to our guests in the newly remodeled Marli's at The Pollard! Servers may also work special events, catering events, and conferences in and around the hotel.
Essential Job Duties: include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Sincerely welcomes guests immediately upon entering the restaurant
- Performs opening and closing duties
- Prepares dining room, patio, bar, or conference space for guests by cleaning tables and setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, utensils, etc.
- Assists team with laundry, silverware roll-ups, polishing glasses, and silverware
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies
- Helps patrons select food and beverages by presenting the menu, offering cocktails and appetizers, suggesting entrees, explaining the chef's specialties, identifying appropriate wines, answering food preparation questions
- Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording patrons' choices; identifying patrons' special dietary needs and special requests
- Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting the timing of meal progression
- Responds to additional patron requirements by inquiring of needs; observing dining process
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs
- Concludes dining experience by acknowledging choice of restaurant; inviting patrons to return
- Obtains revenues by totaling charges; issuing bill; accepting payment; delivering bill and payment to host; returning change or credit card and signature slip to the customer
- Assists the team in taking telephone and walk-in reservations
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Skills and Qualifications: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Kind, honest and dependable
- Organized and efficient
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Must be 18 years old
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of serving experience
- R.A.S.S. Certificate
- ServSafe Certificate