WE ARE RE-MODELING AND BUILDING A NEW TEAM FOR A NEW RESTAURANT TO OPEN IN OCTOBER! MARLI'S at The Pollard will be open for dinner and bar service 7 days a week!
We are hiring a professional Line Cook who can help prepare meals as per our standard recipes. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating meal portions, cleaning food, cooking meals, and keeping a sanitized work area. We are seeking an individual who has experience in the foodservice industry and is committed to impeccable food presentation and garnishing, which is important for impressing our guests and creating repeat business.
Essential Job Duties: include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Sets up and stocking stations with all necessary supplies and ingredients
- Prepares basic components of each dish on our menu using our proven recipes
- Memorizes and utilizes our serving portion sizes and all basic meal prep procedures used in the kitchen
- Ensures that the kitchen, all food prep areas, and all food storage areas meet restaurant cleaning standards
- Works with our team of cooks to do portion prep work for other shifts when needed
- Monitors product freshness and rotates out by using FIFO
- Ability to operate an industrial dishwasher safely and rapidly
- Follows sanitation and safety policies at all times
- Performs daily duties such as opening, closing, cleaning and side work
- Basic janitorial skills to clean up spills, broken glassware, etc. immediately
Skills and Qualifications: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties.
- Team player
- Honest and dependable
- Strong critical thinking and time management skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Commitment to working hard and being reliable
- Able to work in a hot, humid environment, and be on your feet for 8-hour shifts
- Valued Experience/Education:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Kitchen Experience